Star Wars: Battlefront is a game for the Star Wars soldier in us all. Battlefront is team & class-based multiplayer action game that takes place on the front lines of the battles of the Star Wars Universe.
- Choose your allegiance - Players choose a role from over 20 soldier classes and fight for either the Droid Army (CIS), Clone Army (Republic), Rebel Alliance or Imperial Army
- Battlefront includes 16 environments spanning 10 different planets, which include movie favorites such as Tatooine, Hoth, Naboo and others.
- Storm into battle in one of Battlefront’s 20 different vehicles - choose from X-Wings, AT-STs, Republic Gunships, and more!
- Pick a system - players compete face-to-face on the battlefield from their PS2, XBox or PC. Voice chat is a feature of the console versions.
- Players can play Single-Player with AI team members and opponents in a single player campaign, the strategic “Galactic Conquest” campaign (where you fight for control over the planets of the Galaxy with special resources and bonuses for each world), or “Instant Action” which allows you to jump right into a battle of your choice.
- Players can enter Multiplayer, joining with their teammates to battle enemy armies for control of a planet, in any combination of human and AI. Dedicated Servers can be hosted on the PC (and on the PC for PS2 games), while Xbox players can join servers on Xbox Live service. PC users can play through LAN (Local Area Network), Direct Connection, or over TCP/IP Internet, with or without the GameSpy service. Console versions of the game have the ability to play over console networks or split-screen in addition to their own private online services. Currently each platform’s version of the game are not compatible with the others. You can only play with users of your same platform.
PC System Requirements
Required: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible computer
Required: Intel P3 1.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 1000 MHz
Recommended: Intel P4 2.0 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 2400+
Required: 256 MB RAM
Recommended: 512 MB RAM
Required: 64 MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability
Recommended 128 MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Vertex and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability
Required: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Required: 8X Speed CD-ROM drive
Recommended: 16X Speed CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
Required: Keyboard and mouse
Supported: Joystick and Gamepad
Microsoft DirectX 9.0c is included on this CD. You will be prompted to install DirectX during the installation of this game if this or a more recent version isn?t already properly installed on your system. NOTE: DirectX may require the “latest” updates for your operating system. This may also include the latest drivers for your motherboard, sound, and video hardware.
Installation requires 2.7 GB of free hard drive space. We recommend that you have an additional 200 MB of free space available after installing the game for the Windows swap/page file.
Internet Connectivity for Multiplayer
Required: DSL, Cable, or faster connection